Saturday, November 14, 2009

2nd Quarter is now just about halfway over. Before I know it, this whole year is going to be over. To say that this year has been challenging would be the biggest understatement of the century. I still don't know if I want to stay up here for 2 years or not... I know consistency is important for these kids, and they've already made comments about having a different teacher every year and how they don't like it. One of the third graders was having a moment last week and looked at me and said, "Yeah... Well, we all know you'll be gone next year. Teachers never stick around up here." It broke my heart!

Speaking of that, I've moved out to the village now... I love not having to spend 2.5-3 hours of my day driving on curvy, icy mountain roads. Things at the house are coming along. Slowly, but they're coming along. Harley has definitely made himself at home. I slept in until noon today because there was nothing else to do over there. I don't have phone, internet or TV yet. I came over to the school a little bit ago to do some work... But you can see how far I got with that.

It's currently 5 degrees up here. I looked at the forecast to see how long this storm is going to be here.... It looks like today is the last day. But, the temperatures are supposed to drop tomorrow for a few days:
  • Sunday... -10
  • Monday... -11
  • Tuesday... -13
  • Wednesday... -11
  • Thursday... -8
Fabulous. The days are getting shorter and shorter as each day passes... Once we make it to Christmas, though, we'll start gaining back our daylight. :) And once Spring Break gets here, I'll be escaping to the South for a week. I'm. So. Excited. :) Lots of people on my list to see... Starting in Birmingham.

I'm going back into town on Thursday after school, because I have to go to another school for an observation on Friday with my mom. And the week after that is THANKSGIVING! I'm so pumped for a long weekend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment