I can't believe I'm done with my first semester of teaching already. It flew by! I still don't have any thoughts on what I'll be doing next year. Some days I wake up wanting to stay here for another year; other days I wake up wanting to go back to Alabama.
I started the break with Harley having surgery and having one of his dew claws removed and me having double pink eye and a really nasty cold. It was a miserable few days for the two of us. I haven't really done much this break... Sleeping a lot, watching TV a lot. Being the epitome of a complete lazy bum. And it's been fabulous. And, of COURSE, I haven't done NEARLY as much school work as I had planned to get done. And now that the break is winding down, I still just want to be a lazy bum.
This year was our 2nd Christmas without Michael. I am officially not a fan of this fact. He called bright and early Christmas morning... I'm glad that that's how our otherwise extraordinarily quiet Christmas Day started. I got the movie Julie & Julia from my parents, along with a bunch of little things, and some money to use towards my big present, a treadmill. I haven't picked one out that I like yet. My godparents sent me a Vera Bradley coin purse, which has already become extremely useful. My uncle and his family sent me a gift card to Barnes & Noble, and I have no idea what I want to use it for.
My parents had a bunch of people over on the 26th for Boxing Day. We had a pretty good turnout... Including us, there were 15 people here. My mom made a bunch of food, which, of course, led to lots of leftovers that we have been picking at since Sunday. And Mom hosted a Language Arts workshop at our house on Monday that she made more food for, and that added to the massive amounts of leftover food in the garage.
The last couple of nights I went out to the Lodge, just so I could get out of the house. After leaving the Lodge last night and having a mild snowball fight with a friend, we headed to the Husky, since I've never been there. It was just as quiet as the Lodge was, but there were a few more people my age there. We had another snowball fight before going our separate ways. Snowball fights without gloves... Not exactly what you'd call a smart move. But at the same time, I wouldn't have changed anything. My hands were bright red because they were so cold. I might go back to the Lodge tonight around 8:30/9:00, if Mom will let me borrow the Tahoe. I went to start the Suburban this afternoon to go run errands and it wouldn't start.
I was going to go out to Northway tomorrow to work in the classroom with my mom, but she has to do some work in the office, so we're going on Thursday. Doug is supposed to be putting my SmartBoard in my classroom tomorrow, which I am SO pumped about.
I can't believe 2010 is almost here. It's been a crazy couple of years...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment