Friday, August 5, 2011

No more Summerwood

As I sit here watching That '70s Show at an un-Godly hour of the night, I realized that it's my last night in this apartment... Given that the movers show up later today like they're supposed to.  It's kind of a bittersweet moment, as is this entire move.  It seems like yesterday I was in Birmingham waiting for the phone call to let me know I got the job.  Before I could hang up with the principal and call my parents, I was pulling things out of my closet and throwing them into bags and bins so that I could drive down to Dothan.  I stayed with Lauren and Darryn for a couple weeks until I moved into this apartment.  It was a crazy start to the school year... Trying to get my classroom in order, my apartment in order, starting grad school, and trying to get my furniture from Birmingham down to Dothan.  Insane.

I finally got everything down to Dothan, and got some real furniture and a washer and dryer, thanks to my parents.  I attempted to decorate and give it more of a homey feel, but with everything on my plate this year, I never really got around to it.  Had I gotten a job down here for this next school year, I would have spent my summer really going through all my stuff and getting rid of things I didn't want and trying to find different DIY projects to decorate my different rooms.

But that never happened and now I'm moving out.  It's an absolute mess in here and it is driving me crazy.  I have so many different piles of things... Things going on the truck to Virginia, things going to a friend's daughter for her apartment, things being picked up by a missions group, things going to the dumpster, things going in my car... It's weird that this place will be empty and clean in a handful of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment