Week 2 down, 6 more to go. Not that I'm counting down. I'm really not. Despite the fact I have to drive a little over an hour each way (about 120 miles round-trip) and I come home completely exhausted and frustrated to no end, I love what I'm doing. I'm having fun and the kids are great. 99% of the time. And I'm going to miss them. A lot.
I got a new student last Wednesday. He's in Kindergarten, so now I have four grade levels. The most frustrating thing is trying to figure him into the schedule. He leaves at 1:00, while the rest of the kids leave at 2:15. Teaching four grades is rough... I don't know how their regular teacher does it. I was supposed to meet with her this weekend, but I haven't heard from her.
Mom and Dad left a little while ago to go to Anchorage for Mom's post-surgery appointment to see if she can get the neck brace taken off. They took Jack with them because he has a dermatologist appointment in the morning. About 15 minutes after they left, I get a call from my mom, telling me to bring the spare keys for the Suburban to Chevron. While they were both out of the car, Jack managed to lock the doors, hahaha.
Jack and Harley are somewhat starting to play now. Last night, Harley was getting ready to pounce on Jack and he started running towards him, but at the last minute, he changed directions. Mom and Dad are starting to realize that we have to cover food while we're eating dinner because Harley will jump up on the counter to get at it. We can't train Harley to stay off the counter because he has to eat up there... Otherwise Jack would eat his food and then puke. Puking is no bueno. And considering how expensive Harley's food is... He better be the only one eating it.
Dad gave me "generator training" yesterday, so that if I'm here by myself and the power goes out, I know how to start the generator and which plugs to switch so I still the furnace, hot water heater, and the well working.
While Dad was in Fairbanks last week, he got Harley a full-size litter box with a cover. The cover has one of those flappy doors to try and keep odors in the box. I put Harley in it before I put litter in it to see how he'd react to the door, and he just sat there. Like he was stuck in a box or in his carrier. He nudged the door a few times with his nose, but didn't realize that if he pushed hard enough, he could climb out. I think I might have to take the door off.
I need to spend today cleaning my room and organizing... I still haven't really unpacked, even though I've been here for two weeks now. And I need to do laundry. Dad got me a dresser while he was in Fairbanks, and I put it together while we were watching the Auburn game on Saturday. While doing so, I managed to poke a hole in my finger. Literally.
Way. To. Go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I bet the students love Miss Erica!!
ReplyDelete