Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas!

It is 12:15 in the morning, which means... It's Christmas!!!  My parents and Michael flew down to Dothan to spend Christmas with me.  This is the first Christmas we've spent together since 2007.  They got in on Wednesday night and I've already gotten some of my Christmas presents.  I got a new desk for my spare bedroom, an ironing board, some new cutlery, some TV trays (my makeshift bedside tables for now), and a shelf over my washer and dryer.  You know you're an adult when your Christmas list consists of things like an ironing boad, knives and forks, and a shelf, haha.  I love it, though.  Things are looking like they're coming together.  My laundry room actually looks like a decent laundry room now that I have things up on the shelf and not cluttering up the floor.  And my spare bedroom actually looks like a useable extra room.  It's more than just a futon and a litter box now.  And while I've been trying to get rid of the futon, I went upstairs yesterday to find my parents sitting in there quietly, Dad on his computer and Mom knitting, and it was so nice.  I still need to get a bulletin board, some shelves, and a comfy desk chair for the room.

I am thoroughly enjoying my break from work.  I wish I could access my online gradebook from home so I could update my grades.  And I still have grad school stuff to do, though... That kind of slipped away from me when my depression relapsed and my medicine had to kick in.  I have to catch up big time today and tomorrow.  Not looking forward to it.  I'm hoping that having a desk in my spare room will enable me to keep myself more organized.  Before I got my desk, my desktop computer was on the floor and when I came home, I wanted to lay on the couch, not the floor.  My bills were paid, but they were stacked up all messy on the counter... and in the closet... the dresser... the coffee table.  Such a mess.  I need to make myself a daily schedule that includes work, dinner, grad school reading/writing/studying/whatever, and exercising, and I need to stick to it.  I can plan my time and budget my money until the cows come home, but sticking to it is the hardest part.  I think that is officially one of my resolutions for 2011.  Maybe I'll start on that tomorrow when Mom and I aren't cooking.

And on an unrelated note: Get Him to the Greek is probably THE stupidest movie I've ever seen listened to.  1. Who the hell writes crap like this? And 2. Who the hell reads the script and then thinks it's good enough to hire actors and film crews to actually turn the script into a movie?  Seriously?  All copies of this movie should be burned.  Along with Nacho Libre and Napoleon Dynamite.  Shoot me in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment