Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Project 365

Back in October, one of my friends and I decided to do the 101 in 1001 project.  I wrote down my list of 101 goals, but I have somehow misplaced it.  (I'm super bummed about this... I wrote the goals in a journal that I bought specifically for this project, where I was going to take a picture of each completed goal and glue it into the journal.  :(  It was going to be so neat, and such a fun thing to keep and look back on later in life.)  So, given that it's a new year, I'm going to start over.  They are posted in a link towards the top of my blog.  I've also decided that I'm going to start the Project 365 thing -- taking a picture every day for a year.  That'll be interesting reflect on later.  Naturally, Harley has to be my first picture. :)


Day 1 -- Harley keeping me company on the couch.

Today was the official last day of Winter Break.  Tomorrow we have a Professional Development day.  However, the workshop we're going to tomorrow is a continuation of the optional Professional Development workshop we had today (that doesn't make sense to me... but there was a $100 stipend, so I went).  I'm probably going over to my school during our lunch break to get some work done before the kids come back on Thursday.  And I'm really hoping that the school will be open for a while after the workshop so that we can go work in our classrooms.  I know I'm not the only teacher who wants to get stuff done before the kids come back.  I wish we had the full week off, with several days available to go into the school.  I love working in my classroom when the school is mostly empty.

While Mom, Dad, and Michael were here, we went up to Auburn for a day, where they all helped me empty my storage unit.  After filling the rental car with two loads of stuff taken to the dumpster, my car filled with stuff to bring back to Dothan, and Sara's car filled with Harley's cat tower and a bookshelf, my storage unit is officially empty and closed.  That's $51 a month in my pocket towards other bills!  From Auburn, Mom and Dad went to Birmingham for a couple nights and Michael came back to Dothan with me.  We were complete lazy bums... Michael moreso than me.  But between the two of us, we didn't have much money to do anything, so hanging out at the house was fine.  Sara came down on the 30th to bring me my stuff from the storage unit.  She was going to stay with me for New Year's, but when I told her we had to drive Michael to the Atlanta airport on Friday morning, she decided that she was going to drive separately and just stay in Atlanta.  She and I dropped Michael off and then hung out with Mary for a little while before getting lunch with Caitie.  I was going to leave after lunch, but then I decided to stay for New Year's with Mary and Teddy, but that evening, Mary's friend said there wasn't enough room at their house for me to stay.  I ended up driving back to Dothan that night and was able to stay up late enough to watch the ball drop in NYC.  I couldn't make it until New Year's in Dothan; I fell asleep around 11:30.

After sleeping in ridiculously late, I spent the remainder of New Year's Day cleaning my downstairs level, taking all the Christmas stuff down, and going through some boxes from my storage unit.  I threw away some more stuff and took a bunch upstairs.  Now my upstairs looks like a tornado went through.  I have a lot of stuff and a lot of storage space, but I don't have anything like shelves to put in the storage areas.  And my new desk doesn't have drawers.  I'm going to get some plastic ones from WalMart, but I haven't had the time or money to do so just yet.  I was so stinkin' productive that day, I sat in bed before going to sleep and made a massive to-do list for the next day.  I was on such a roll, I just assumed I could carry it over to Sunday.  Well... You know what they say about assumptions...  I did absolutely nothing on Sunday.  Actually, I worked out.  But after that, I did nothing.

My third Walden class started yesterday and I've fallen asleep reading my assigned chapters for this week twice already.  Fantastic.  This is going to be a great eight weeks.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THE 365 idea! I may start doing that...hahaha I'm a little behind though! Miss you, and recruitment is over now, so I will be calling you to chat and catch up soon!

    ReplyDelete