I couldn't get to sleep until 2:30 this morning... I don't know what was up. I was still able to get up and get over to school before 7:00. How that happened, I have no idea.
I made the decision last night to go back to school for my Master's in Elementary Education. I haven't made the decision about where I'd go to get it, yet. So far, I've looked at Auburn, UAB, and Alabama. The only decision I have made is that I need to buy some study guide books for the GRE. I still need to play around with the dates of everything, but I'm hoping to take the exam in May. The only thing I'm nervous about is whether I get pass the GRE and get accepted to the school/program in time to start classes this coming Fall semester.
I thought about getting my degree while still teaching, but the more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to take a year off from teaching and go full-time. The degree is only 30-33 semester hours, so I can easily knock it out in one year. And while I'm going full-time, I can put my student loan payments on hold. :)
Plus... going back to school can be a good excuse to get back to Alabama over the summer if I play my cards right. Haha. I can't get my Master's while living here unless I take it online, and I'd much rather have a face-to-face class.
Wednesday, February 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Get it at Alabama A&M. Then you could be in Huntsville and you'd probably get a scholarship. I miss me some Erica!
ReplyDeleteMaster Erica!!
ReplyDelete