Monday, February 1, 2010

Crazy

Ohhh.... it is definitely Monday.  Only 15 more Mondays left until the end of the school year after today.  15 more weeks.  It's coming to a close quickly!

This week is Spirit Week, and today is Hippie Day.  Do I own anything hippie?  Of course not.  My "outfit" consists of a fringed flowery scarf worn as a belt and a peace symbol on my necklace made out of pipe cleaners.  And I threw my hair up into a low messy bun to the side.  Ha.  Only one of my kids came to school today with something hippie, and when they saw my pipe cleaner necklace, they all wanted one.  Hopefully that'll count as wearing something hippie... If so, then we get 100% participation for the day, which will put us in the lead for winning Spirit Week. :)

Tomorrow is Mustache Day.  I'm going to get some white paint and make a milk mustache.  Wednesday is Hat Day and I'll be rocking my camo Alpha Xi hat.  Thursday is Jersey Day... Where is my jersey?  In my storage unit.  In Alabama.  Too bad I can't overnight something. :(  Friday is Red, Black and White day, and luckily I have already bought a WNS shirt, so I have that day covered.

It was fairly light out this morning at 8:42 -- I only remember the time because I was writing an email and had looked at the clock.  It seems like we're gaining daylight hours back quicker than we lost them.  Which I am completely ok with.  The sooner we get that daylight back, the happier I will be.  And the sooner the snow melts and temperatures get above +32 degrees, I'll be even happier!

And when I get to Alabama (38 days...), I'll be over the moon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment