The deposit is paid. The movers are scheduled. The move back to Virginia is official. The movers are going to be here August 4th and 5th, and on the 6th, I'll turn in my keys and head to Auburn. Heather is going to watch Harley August 7th through 12th while I am in New Jersey. Once I fly back to Atlanta, I'll go back to Auburn and stay there until Labor Day weekend. Or.... If I am fortunate enough to find a job in Virginia, I'll drive up as soon as I can and stay with Rebecca and Eric. Mom and Dad close on the house on/around August 29th.
I hate that nothing worked out down here, but I'm honestly looking forward to being back in the D.C. area. I never realized how much I liked that area until I left and tried to establish my life elsewhere. The area has so much to offer me, not only as a teacher, but as a 25-year-old woman. Not to mention the fact that I'll be closer to my parents. Eventually I'll move out of their house for good, but I would still like to stay within a reasonable distance from them.
If I could take all the people that mean so much to me here in Dothan back up to Virginia with me, this move would be easy as pie. And if I had a job to go home to, I think I'd feel a little bit more calm about moving, but honestly, I'm freaking out. Yes, I have a room to go home to, but I still have bills and I have no idea how I'm going to pay those with no job. And I'm a teacher... That's what I went to school for. The thought that I may not have a classroom of my own this coming up school year is kind of upsetting. Almost like I'm some kind of failure. I know I can sub and stay pretty busy with that, but that's not the same as having my own classroom. Hopefully I can snag some pretty good ideas from the subbing gig, and I can get my foot in the door with some schools for the next school year.
I just have to remember that God has a plan for me. If I wasn't supposed to have been pink-slipped here and not having a job work out for this year, forcing me to move back to Virginia, then it wouldn't have happened.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment