I'm about 99.99% sure I'm moving back to Northern Virginia in August. My lease here ends August 12th and I have a pretty strong gut feeling that I'm not going to get hired back with the school district here. And the job I interviewed for last week... I don't think my heart is in it as much as it should be. So I've just decided that I'd rather move back to VA. I don't want to have to get a non-teaching job here and work a bunch of hours just to stress about whether or not I'm working enough hours to pay all my bills. I'm barely scraping by on what I get on my teacher's salary, and if I were to make the same amount of money on minimum wage, I'd have to work like 85 hour weeks! It's not worth it, to me, to work that hard and that much to make just enough to scrape by.
So, the plan right now is for me to finish out my lease here and move my stuff into a storage unit down here. Then I'll go to Auburn and spend a few weeks at Heather's place, while my parents find a house in VA. Once they find a place, they'll call me and I'll drive up there. Unless, by the grace of God, I get a position with FCPS... in which case, I'll leave Dothan as soon as I can and drive up to VA and stay with my friend, Rebecca, and her husband and daughter until my parents get a house.
I'm more sad to be leaving the people I've become close to in Dothan than I am leaving the actual town. But, I know for a fact I'll be back because I'll have to eventually get my stuff out of the storage unit.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment