Monday, July 4, 2011

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z ....

I love summer vacation.  What teacher doesn't?

But one of the things I hate most about summer vacation is not having anything to do.  And because of that, my sleeping schedule gets all sorts of out of whack.  I stay up late and sleep in late.  And the later I stay up, the later I sleep in.  The cycle continues until I'm up all night and I sleep all day.  I hate it, but even if I try using an alarm to get up at a decent hour, I know that I have nothing going on, so I turn off the alarm.  Or I'm sleeping so heavily, I don't even hear it.  I wish I was able to have found some kind of summer job so that I had something to do and get up for in the morning.  But no one is hiring around town.  Damn economy.

I gave Harley a bath tonight.  What. An experience.  Haha.  For some reason, he decided to go to the bathroom on the carpet right next to his litter box, even though his litter box was completely fine.  I had just scooped it a few hours ago.  Then, not only did he decide to pee outside his box, he decides to walk all over it and sit in it while he cleaned his legs.  That is beyond gross... Into the bathtub he went.  Now he smells like baby shampoo and I love snuggling up to him.  Baby shampoo is seriously one of my most favorite smells in the world.  It's so clean and refreshing.  I really wish I had taken pictures of his "wet cat" look... Haha, he was so mad.

On a completely unrelated, but totally brighter note, my birthday is on Wednesday.  It's the big 2-5.  So, given that I've had two pretty stressful years of teaching and two stressful summers of unemployment, I decided that my birthday present to myself is a trip.  Over the years, I've accumulated 97,000-something airline miles, so I decided that I would use some of my miles to go to New Jersey to see a family I used to babysit for in Alaska.  The last time I saw them was the summer after my 10th grade year... That was nine years ago!  Since this trip is a birthday present for myself, I figured I'd splurge on the airline miles and get first class tickets.  Hell yeah!  Atlanta to Chicago to Philadelphia... Philadelphia to Chicago to Atlanta... All first class.  I am amazingly brilliant.  And I'm SO excited for this trip.  I deserve this for myself.  August 7th can't come fast enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment