Friday, January 29, 2010

Sleepy

My observation here in town went well.  I was there to observe reading groups, and they do something similar to Walk to Read in Auburn.  She does a lot of cute things in her room that I am going to try and do in my room, if not this year, then in future classrooms for sure.

Apparently, the teacher I'm observing tomorrow wants me out there all day.  I wasn't planning on that long, but whatever... But I think I'll learn a LOT from her.  She's one of those amazingly cool and level-headed teachers, and she teaches multi-grade like I do.  After I observe there and drive back, I'll probably take a nap and then start on the insanely large and towering stack of papers I need to grade.  And driving back into town today, I realized that I left about a third of the papers at my house...  Oh well.  I have to go back relatively early on Sunday because I didn't bring anything home with me to do lesson plans for next week.

Speaking of next week, we're doing our first intruder drill on Wednesday.  I was going over the procedures of what they're supposed to do while I lock the door and turn the lights off and they're freaked out.  I told them it was just a practice drill, like our fire drills, but that the principal and the trooper are going to be listening to make sure we're being as quiet as we can be.  Of course, they started talking about the secret phrase that is said on the intercom when there is an intruder, and a bought of "what if" questions started.  "What if I'm in the bathroom and he has a gun and he comes in there?"  "What if he smashes in the glass in the door window and lets himself in?  And then holds a gun to your head, Erica?"  What if, what if, what if.  Wednesday morning will be very interesting, that's for sure.

So this entire week I haven't been able to get to sleep worth a sack of beans.  But now I'm home at my parents' house.  And what is the first thing I did as soon as I finished dinner?  Well, after I perused Facebook for about 30 minutes.  I fell asleep on the couch.  Wrapped in my blanket, glasses still on (I finally got them today... They're pink and have little pink jewels on them and just overall fabulous!).... I slept for close to two and a half hours.  Dad woke me up to clean up a mess that Harley had made in the kitchen.  "COR" he calls it... Cat Owner Responsibilities.

Mom's 51st birthday is on Saturday.  Dad has a couple tricks up his sleeve, and I can't wait to see how she reacts.  Hopefully she won't be sick on Saturday... She's been hacking up her lungs today.  She drank two hot toddies and then went to bed, and I think she's taking a half day at work tomorrow.

I think keeping up with this blog is the only resolution of mine that I've successfully kept so far.

2 comments:

  1. Guess who's work doesn't block blogspot anymore! I'm assuming this observing is to see how a different reading program works to possibly adopt next year. I haven't been sleeping well either. :( I hope all is well with you and I'll be keeping up with the blog better now!

    ReplyDelete