Yesterday was a pretty interesting day. I was planning on staying out in Northway this weekend, but I had an appointment at the school district office, so I left school a little bit early and drove in. After my appointment, I realized that I had locked myself out of my car, which I left running outside the office because Harley was inside. Apparently, with Mazda cars, if the key is in the ignition and the car is running, the little clicker thing doesn't work. It took me about an hour to get it figured out and get the door open. Then I forgot about my massage appointment, and I made plans with Dad to go to dinner. I was supposed to meet him at the house, but he didn't show up. That made me nervous because he was out on his motorcycle. Turns out... the battery on the Harley died. I spent a good 30 minutes in the garage, looking for this converter thing so that he could plug in the battery charger. The Harley's battery was too powerful or whatever for the dinky little charger, so we had to wait for his friend to bring his jumper cables. When we got back to the house, I told him we'd go to dinner and then I was going to head back to Northway in the morning... But I'd forgotten that my car had to be dropped off at Chevron to get the summer tires put on. And I forgot that I have a massage tomorrow morning at 8:00.
I thought about going out to Northway this morning after my car is done and get some work done in the classroom and then come back tonight, but that's 2 hours I'd spend driving, plus gas... I decided not to do that. So now, instead of spending Saturday in my classroom, I'm spending it on the couch watching Lifetime movies. I can't do anything for my lesson plans because everything is in Northway. Things happen for a reason, right? This must be life's way of telling me I need a break...
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment