The snow is melting, and the temperature reached 50 degrees today. Finally! I love the snow, but for 7 months? That's a bit much for me.
This weekend was the first weekend in five weeks that I haven't had anything planned, and it's be NICE. I caught up on some major sleep last night, after filling up on Thai food, and slept in this morning. It's sad that I slept in for two and a half hours and was up at 8:30. And I was still tired enough to take a nap. Saturday afternoon naps are the best.
The state finally got my paperwork for my AK teaching license. I'd have been screwed if it had gotten lost in the mail for a second time. I have to take the Praxis I sometime within the next year. I'm going to have to wait until the summer, though, because the closest place to take it is in Fairbanks, roughly four and a half hours from Northway.
Mom turned my contract in for me on Thursday. I'm still looking for jobs in the Southeast, though. I found a school district in New Orleans I wanted to work for, but they were insistent on having two years of experience. I emailed a bunch of principals in the Birmingham area and in Opelika. And on Friday, during lunch, I applied to a bunch of jobs in Knox County, TN. I almost feel bad for my references because I've been applying to so many places, haha. But... I really want to move this summer. I want to be closer to everyone.
I'm leaving Thursday for Caitie's wedding in Atlanta. I'm really looking forward to seeing her, but this trip is going to be so freaking quick. Wam bam, thank you ma'am. Heather is going to drive up to the Atlanta airport on Sunday and meet me for lunch. Delta pushed my flight departure time from 2:something to 4:something. Luckily, I was able to get Monday off from work so I can drive from Fairbanks to Northway.
Seven more weeks of school...
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment