If things go according to plan, I'll be starting classes for my Master's degree on September 7. I decided to get it from Walden, like my mom did, and get it in Elementary Reading and Mathematics. I'd be certified in K-6, which is what I want. All I have left to submit to my advisor is my Professional Goal Statement, which I'll probably work on this weekend.
The elementary teachers in the district have a workshop to go to all day on Saturday about this Language Arts Four Block thing that the district wants us to start doing in our classes next year. It's a sucky way to spend a Saturday, but I think it'll be really interesting.
Michael got back to San Diego on Sunday night. I am so thankful that he made it home in one piece.
I am supposed to be getting a phone call from a lady at Loyola University in New Orleans about a job. It's for the lead 3-year-old teacher position at the university's child care center. I am really hoping I get it. It sounds like a really good job, and I think it would be a good job to have while I'm working on my Master's. It'd be from 9:00-5:30, though... So, they're really long days. But I don't think I would have any papers to bring home and grade or anything like that.
19 days of school left...
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment