Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Bored

Allergies = FAIL!

I drove back into Tok last night because I have to observe at Tok School at 9:45ish.  I could have gotten up and driven in this morning, but it was easier to just drive in yesterday, mooch a free meal, sleep in a nicer bed, sleep in a little this morning, and drive 5 minutes to school.  I have to turn around and go back out to Northway after the observation, so I'll get back right before lunch, but we are dismissing right after lunch because everyone is going to a funeral in the village.  Our principal still wants to have our weekly Wednesday PLC meeting.  Hopefully it won't last long, because I'm sure one of our teachers will want to go to the funeral.  I forgot the title to my car at my house out there, so I'll be going out there anyway.  I have to go to the DMV to put the Mazda in my name...  I'm going to need it to be in my name in 23 days... =)

Speaking of that...  23 days!!  I'm so pumped.  Like... time cannot tick by ANY slower...

I'm staying in Tok for the rest of the week and will be commuting to Northway and back each day.  Mom and Dad are leaving this evening to head to the airport in Fairbanks to go to San Diego to see Michael.  I get to house/dog sit for them while they're gone.  I'm bummed that I can't go with them, but I have zero days left to take off work.  Sucky.  I was hoping that I'd be able to see him when he comes up here, but it looks like that's not going to work.  He would rather go to Virginia before coming up here, and because I have plans for the summer, I don't know when I'll get to see him.  I did tell him that if he wasn't in Alaska for Christmas, his ass was grass and I was going to be livid with him.  His response was, "Yes, ma'am.  Christmas in Alaska.  Got it."  He better be here.  I'm just sayin'...

I can't believe my first year of teaching is almost over.  It's been a rollercoaster ride of a year, and I definitely learned a LOT this year.  I was put into situations and dealt with things that we never even TALKED about in my classes at Auburn.  And through observing other teachers at other schools, I got a lot of ideas of things to do in future classrooms.  It'll be a bittersweet end of the year.  I really will miss my students, as crazy and wild as they are... But I'm excited to have a break!

No comments:

Post a Comment