Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ah-choo.

Heather, Tony, Katie, Jeremy and I were going to go to Six Flags in Atlanta today.  Since I am still without a job and it was going to cost roughly $50 for the day (tickets, parking, gas, lunch), I felt really guilty about spending that much money to go to Six Flags when I had to borrow money from my parents.  Plus there was a 50-60% chance of storming at Six Flags, so I bailed.  Then the four of them decided to bail, as well, because of the chance of rain.  Heather and Tony decided to drive up from Auburn and we all hung out at the house, playing games.  Everyone went to bed before midnight, so Heather and I watched a movie.  Katie and Jeremy went to get stuff for breakfast this morning at Target and while they were there, they bought a couple of outside games.  We played one of them, Golf Toss, today.  We were only able to get through one game because it was so hot outside.  I wish Mary-Katharine had been able to come up here, too.

I still haven't heard anything about a job.  It's really frustrating.  I feel like everyone in my cohort is getting a job.  It's not like I'm a bad teacher or anything.  Even the bank is taking forever to get back with me.  I feel useless and lazy.  I've been without a job for almost two months, and it isn't like I'm sitting here in Birmingham not trying to find something.  I should know on Friday if the school in Pell City had enough Kindergarten students to register for school for anoher class to be made.  Hopefully there were enough new students and I can land that job.

I have not been able to stop sneezing since yesterday afternoon.  Now I feel like my head is disconnected from the rest of my body and I just want to sleep.  Allergies suck like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment