Friday, July 23, 2010

Interview!

I finally have an interview on my calendar!  Although I'm grateful for the interview and I'm hopeful that it goes really well, I have to admit that I am a little bummed that it's not for a teaching job.  I think I have to allow myself to admit that I, more than likely, will not be teaching this year.  Things will work out.  And I will be back in a classroom.  One day.

After thinking about the whole dilemma with grad school, I decided to stick with my plans of getting my Master's at Walden.  Even though the Alabama State Department of Education won't recognize the program for certification purposes, I will still be able to be paid on the Master's scale, which will be good.  I think getting my Master's in Elementary Reading and Math will help me more right now because reading and math are so important in a child's educational foundation, and I think getting all this extra training in those subjects will enable me to teach K-3 more effectively.  Then, in a few years, I can go back, if I want to, and get my Master's in Elementary Education so that I can teach the upper grades.

One day, I will reflect back on this time in my life.  And I will be so thankful that it's over.

1 comment:

  1. i love you. everything will work out, and i'm glad you are getting your master's. i should be too. :)

    ReplyDelete