Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lucky

Yesterday morning, I got up and was at the gym for 9:00.  I had an appointment with one of the circuit coaches to get set up for the Curves Smart program and to do my first workout with the system.  With the CS program, you have a little card that you can put into each machine and it keeps track of your intensity and the number of reps you do on each machine.  If you're not working hard enough on a machine, a yellow light flashes and you're supposed to work harder until the green light flashes.  After your workout, you put your card into a computer and it tells you how many calories you burned in your workout and whether or not you met your target on each machine.  Yesterday, my first CS workout kicked my ass.  I burned 408 calories, which apparently was impressive to one of the circuit coaches.  She told me that people usually burn around 200 calories on their first CS workout.

When I finally pulled myself off the bed, I got ready to go to Brandi's for her pool party.  We were out at the pool for a few hours with several of her friends.  I had a really good time talking with and getting to know them.  I was only in the pool for maybe the last hour that I was there, and despite my sunscreen, my chest, shoulders, and face got burned.  The redness has gone down a lot since yesterday, but it's still a little bit tender.  I've been putting cocoa butter on my skin religiously in hopes that it will keep it from peeling.

Once I got back to the house, I took a shower and started to get ready to go to my birthday dinner with Jessica, Rick, and Jessie.  Jessie came to pick me up and we hung out for a little bit while I finished drying my hair and getting ready.  Once we were on our way to Olive Garden, I decided I was more in the mood for Mexican food, as I really wanted a margarita with dinner.  We called Jessica and Rick and told them to meet us at Iguana Grill.  The food was delicious and my peach margaritas were fabulous.  Jessie paid for my dinner, and gave me a gift bag with a card, some lotion, shower gel, two fruity candles, and a cute rubber ducky.  Jessica and Rick gave me a card with a gift certificate to the spa I mentioned in my blog a few days ago.  I was stunned that she figured out what spa I was talking about and got a certificate for me!  I have such sweet, sweet friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment