I had to go into downtown Birmingham this afternoon to the Regions building to take my teller assessment. There were about 40-50 people in the conference room taking the assessment with me. It was an hour long video test where we watched ten different scenarios between a teller and a customer. Then it gave us four multiple choice options and we had to choose which option was the best choice and which was the worst. Then we had to compare checks and deposit slips to see how many mistakes we could spot. The last part of the assessment was a bunch of math problems. We had 40 seconds to solve each problem. The problems themselves were easy, but they took a while to solve. After we all finished, they took our answer sheets upstairs and scored them. Then they called us out into the hallway, one at a time, to tell us whether or not we passed the assessment. I was getting really nervous because I sat there for about 30 minutes as other people were being called. By the time I got called, there were about 12 of us left in the conference room. I passed the assessment! And the lady I talked to said I should be hearing from a recruiter in a couple days. Cross your fingers!!
I have an interview tomorrow evening with a couple about being their full-time nanny for their 16-month-old little girl. I feel really confident that I could win them over and be offered the job, but if I'm offered a job with the bank, I think that would be a much better job to take, from a professional standpoint. Plus, if I get offered a last minute teaching job, it'll be easier to quit Regions than it would the nanny position. The timing of all this, though, is difficult because I don't know when the Regions recruiter is calling, and if passing this assessment means I'm definitely getting a job. And if it does mean I'll get a teller job, I don't know when I'll be offered it. I don't want to accept this nanny job and then have to quit later this week or next week.
Ugh. This will work out. This will work out. This will work out.
On a random note, I had a fresh mango for dessert tonight. It was delicious. And now I am seriously craving a midnight mango snack. I've been eating a lot of fruit lately. And I'm really proud of myself for doing so. Usually I buy fruit with the intention of eating it, but I would always end up throwing it away because it would go bad. With the exception of one banana, I've been pretty good about eating the fruit lately. Now I just need to keep up with the fresh vegetables. I've been trying really hard to eat healthier since moving down here. I've lost two pounds and two and a half inches in the three weeks I've been at the gym. I still have a long way to go, but it's a start and I'm super stoked.
As stressful as this no job thing is, moving down here has been really good for me. I just have to keep the faith that something will come along job wise and that things with grad school will settle down and work out.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It WILL all work out! And p.s. I miss you, and LOVE the new blog template! :) XOXO from Indianapolis!
ReplyDelete