... I keep going and going and going and going....
I never consumed an energy drink until my freshman year of college. One night, while I was doing study hours in the library, a couple of guys were walking around on the 3rd floor with a cooler. I watched them quietly disturb all the students, offering them a free can of Red Bull. I silently wished for them to come my way, as I was studying World History (which, if you know me, you know how much I hate World History... I'd seriously rather watch paint dry) and thought the can that "gives you wiiiiiiiiiings" would make the crap I was reading make more sense. They must have heard my silent pleas... They finally came my way. I was so excited to drink that Red Bull. I practically inhaled the can. Then I waited for the wings to come and for me to feel this energy boost these two guys had promised. And I waited. And I waited. And I waited some more. Nothing. No energy. No wings. No miraculous sudden understanding of World History. And then I had to pee. And I pee'd... And I pee'd... And I pee'd. I thought, "Ok... So Red Bull must not work for everyone... It clearly did not give me wings, but instead, made my bladder double in size and fill up super fast."
Throughout my years at Auburn and these last two years of teaching, I tried other energy drinks. Different brands. Different flavors. Low carb. No sugar. Energy shots. Still nothing... Nothing but a full, and suddenly bigger, bladder. No energy burst whatsoever. Not even a little... poof... of energy. I figured the reason they weren't working was because I am so immune to caffiene. If I liked coffee (which, by the way, I do not -- I hate coffee almost as much as I hate World History... almost), I could drink a cup as I was going to bed and be fine. I tried to cut out Diet Coke and my head fought back with the worst caffiene withdrawl headaches... "There won't be any cutting out of the Diet Coke, Erica... Or I'm going to make you feel like complete and utter crap..."
I quit on the energy drinks. It makes sense... 1) They don't work for me. Clearly. 2) They make me pee. A lot. And 3) Why pay for something that doesn't do what it claims to do?
So... With all that in mind... Remember that cake I baked at 2:00 this morning instead of sleeping? The one I practically drenched in food coloring to make the cake blue and the frosting green? Hello energy!!! Y'all! I have been ON THE GO since just before 3, when I ate my small sampling of the blue and green masterpiece. I decided to clean out the closet by my front door, which is a task that has been on my to-do list for months. Seriously. As I cleaned out the closet, I made a trash pile, a things-that-need-to-go-upstairs pile, and things-to-go-through pile, and then after I finished the closet, I went through the one pile, took the other pile upstairs, and took the trash pile to the dumpster, along with the rest of the trash in the kitchen. Two birds. One stone. ....Winning!
Since then, I have taken out more trash, done the dishes, cleaned out my coffee table, paid my last month at the gym and canceled my membership, paid my utilities bill, checked on Christine's cats, cleaned the kitchen went grocery shopping, unpacked said groceries, talked to Mary as she was walking to work, read the newspaper (what?!), cleaned out the fridge and freezer, and did some laundry. I just finished eating lunch and am only now starting to get a little tired. We have Dinner with a Message tonight at church... I'm hoping I can stay up until 8 so that I can go to DWAM and then come home and crash. However, seeing as how it is now 1:45 in the afternoon, I may be admitting defeat pretty soon.
Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment