Saturday, June 25, 2011

Itchy eyes

My eyes hurt so bad.  And if just the one eye hurting wasn't bad enough, now the other eye has started up.  I didn't sleep at all last night because it hurt to keep my eyes closed.  But it also hurts to keep them open because they're so irritated and dry.  The skin around my eyes is really red and raw now, too, because of all the goop and tears seeping out.  I think if they're still bad on Monday, I'm going to go back to the specialist and see what he can do.

On top of having blepharitis, I also have chronic dry eye.  That's only adding fuel to the fire... My eyes are dry because my tear breakup time is only like 3 seconds instead of the normal 10 seconds, and they're irritated because this blepharitis crap.  It makes me blink all the time, and that hurts like hell.  I can't see well to drive, I can't see the TV very well, and even being on the computer hurts.  I'm not even going to attempt reading.  I wish I had a heating pad type thing, but instead of heat, I'd like for it to be cold. And have the ability to stay cold.  I hate using a bag of ice and having it melt into water, or using a bag of peas and having them thaw.  I have a gel eye mask that I keep in the fridge, but it warms up pretty quick.

On an unrelated note, I think my interview on Wednesday went pretty well.  I met with the principal, vice principal, and the reading coach.  I feel like I had a pretty solid answer for each of their questions, but I couldn't tell from their responses and/or facial expressions what they thought.  The principal said I should hear from her in a couple of weeks.  We'll see... On one hand, I want the job, but on the other hand, I don't know how I feel about teaching pre-K.  I observed in preschool in New Orleans and I was so bored.  And I taught preschool as part of one of my classes in high school, and I didn't care for it much.  But if I'm offered it, and I take it, then I don't have to move.  And moving to Virginia will always be an option because all school years come to an end and Virginia will always be there.  But is it worth to stay another year here and be miserable with my job?

I have quite a bit to think about in the next couple of weeks, just in case she calls to offer me the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment