I was perusing Facebook a few minutes ago and I noticed that my school from last year has officially welcomed five new members to the faculty. My position has been filled, and I officially know now that I will not be at that school next year. I was surprised at how bummed I got when I saw it posted right there on the school's website. I keep reminding myself of Dr. Seuss' quote, "Don't cry because it's over... Smile because it happened." My grandlittle in my sorority gave me a framed copy of this quote when I became an alum, and currently have it hanging up in my apartment.
I have a lot of memories from last year. Some good, a few not so great... But not only am I leaving that school with the memories, the experience listed on my resume, and three shirts, I'm taking a lot of "lessons learned" away from the year as well. I have no idea where I'll be next year. But what I've learned in the last year only makes me a stronger person and a better teacher.
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment