One of the things I hate about summer is that I have nothing to do. Especially when no one is hiring for summer jobs. There are either no positions available or I'm "too qualified." If I understand I'd be working for minimum wage and I'm still willing to come in and work, what should it matter what my qualifications are? Or that I am, in fact, I college-educated individual with a career?
Anyways. Because I have nothing to do, I end up sleeping. In high school, I was all about sleeping in until noon or 1:00 in the afternoon. My parents will be the first to vouch for me on this. But these days, I hate sleeping in. I hate wasting the day away. However, I have nothing to do, so I end up sleeping late or getting up early and then falling asleep a couple times during the day. Today, for example... I got up at 8:45, which was awesome. I fed Harley. I made a new jug of tea. I ate breakfast. And then I microwaved my rice pack to put on my eyes, which I do every morning. By the time I got settled on the couch with my blanket and warm compress, it was 9:20. I usually do the compress for 10 minutes, so I set my timer and started to relax. Then I woke up 5 hours later. 5 hours later!! Now it's almost dinner time, and I feel like it should be lunch time. And because I woke up so late, I will probably be up late tonight. And then my sleep schedule gets allllll messed up.
I am seriously hoping and praying, with every fiber of my being, that this interview I have on Wednesday leads to a job this next school year. Because then I will have so much to do to get ready for the year so that things aren't crazy like they were last year. I haven't taught preschool since high school, so I would have some reading up to do and things to make for my classroom. And if this job doesn't work out, then I am hoping a job in VA works out. I can't stand not having anything to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey chica. I am getting my blog back to continuous updating lol, so if you need any recipes (or want to suggest my blog) hop on over. Praying that your interview went well!
ReplyDelete