Sunday, January 17, 2010

Decisions, decisions

Between my last post and now, things have changed.  I may not be going to Birmingham during my Spring Break trip to Alabama after all, because I think things with the guy are over... Whatever "thing" it was.  And "over" as in I don't think we're not talking anymore.  Things went from great to crap in 27 hours.  I went into this thing head on, put my heart on my sleeve from the get-go and was the most honest with him than I've ever been with a guy.  But apparently we're not on the same page, like I stupidly thought we were.  I'm not going to be the girl he's "talking to" while he continues to look around.  And I'm not letting him put me on the back burner to some other girl he "doesn't know" if he wants to date or not.  He's already told his parents about this girl... His mom knows about me.  The rest of the family "might" know about me.  So I texted him and said he had a decision to make -- date the other girl and quit talking to me or realize that I'm worth waiting the next few months for.  I never got a response from him... So I took the silence as his answer.  His decision was made.  The end.

I wanted to see where things went with him, and I knew for that to happen, it would be better for us to be closer to each other, instead of being a million miles away.  I knew that he'd never move up here, and all my friends are in Alabama, so it made the most sense for me to move, which I was totally fine with.  I had already started looking for jobs in the Birmingham area. 

Since things with him are obviously going nowhere, there is no hurry to move back to Alabama (except for the fact that I miss my girls tremendously).  I'd love to, at some point.  And, one day, I will move back.  But for right now, I've decided that it's better for me, financially, to stay up here and keep my job for next year.  After next year... Who knows.  I have a long time to figure that one out.  I won't be here forever.  I know my friends in Alabama will be disappointed because they all want me back, and I feel really bad that I'm so far away now.  But at the same time, I'm making really good money here, I'm learning a LOT that I'd never learn in the South, and most important, I love my students.  They need me to stay another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment