Thursday, January 21, 2010

Frozen

The water at the duplex is frozen.  Again.  It’ll be out for a while, too, from the sound of it.  The maintenance guy said that the water below the water pump is what’s frozen.  And since that water is frozen, no water can flow into the well and the water pump is whirling away in mid-air.  Our rent should be reduced for every day that that stupid well is frozen… Seriously.  I can’t take a shower or wash dishes, and I can’t give Little Man his foot soak without going over to the school.  It’s a huge inconvenience.  There’s always something wrong with this place.  The septic tank overflowed again because my toilet wouldn’t stop running.  As if Lake Frozen Shit wasn’t big enough last week…  Now it’s a MASSIVE frozen mess.  My car is stuck in the ice again.  Thankfully I know how to get out of it.  Even the back wheels of the principal’s truck are frozen in ice this time. Ha.  All I can do, really, is laugh about it.  It’s not going to be fixed tonight.  Or this weekend.  And whining won’t get it fixed any faster.

And the Internet is out again.  I’m going to talk to the principal and see if I can leave pretty much as soon as the buses leave so that I can physically go into the internet company’s office and complain.  I’ve already packed up everything and in the morning I’m going to load up my dirty dishes and laundry into the car.  That way, as soon as the buses leave, I just have to run over and start the car, then go in and grab Harley and my other bag, and we can be on the road.

For some reason, every night this week, I have not been able to stay up past 9:00.  I don’t know why.  On Tuesday, the girls’ basketball game ended at 7, and by 7:30, I had already gathered my stuff at school and walked home and had dinner.  Fifteen minutes later, I was falling asleep on the couch, so I went to bed to read a book, and after I got off the phone with my mom at 8:15, I was out like a light as soon as my head hit the pillow. Even though I went to bed early on Tuesday, I still slept in on Wednesday until 7:00.  I don’t know what’s going on that has everything all out of whack.  The only thing that’s different is the whole situation with the guy.

On a brighter note, I’m leaving 7 weeks from today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment