I went to dinner with the principal's wife and their kids at the librarian's house down in the village tonight. It was nice once we got there... Getting there was another story. My car was frozen to the ground. Literally. The sewer tank overflowed (nasty, right?) and since it's on my side of the house and it overflowed as much as it did, and then the temps got to -34 the other day, all of the nastiness froze. I have dubbed our driveway as Lake Frozen Shit. Anyways, the Suburban got stuck in said lake and wouldn't move when I tried to put it in reverse. Finally, after trying to rock it out, I put it in reverse and gunned it out of there. Luckily the brakes worked, because I went flying backwards out of my spot. There are now four little tire holes in the ice where my car was sitting. On one hand, the whole thought of my car being stuck in the ice is disgusting, considering what that ice is... But on the other hand, the whole thought of my car being stuck in ice period is hysterical to me. Not only was the car frozen to the ground, but the extension cord I use to plug it is also stuck in the lake. I'm going to have to see if my parents have something I can chip the ice away with while I'm home over the weekend.
I am SO excited to be going home this weekend. This has been a crazy week. I only had half my class today (I'm down to eight students now), because there is a basketball tournament in Tri-Valley.
I noticed that there were more pictures posted on the 04 Throw Down event on Facebook for my sorority chapter's 30th reunion weekend. Looking through them made me sad because there is no way I'm going to be able to be there and I REALLY wanted to go. I'm too far away from the good things when I'm up here. Things like that make me feel like I want to go back to Alabama for sure next year... But then I think about the day I had today with my kids and the pictures we took on Monday and how cute they are, and how good it would be for them if I stayed up here, and I start thinking about staying up here for another year. I can't think of the last time I was in a dilemma like this. A lot of good things can happen if I move back to Alabama... Not as many good things will happen up here, but I'll be making good money to pay off loans and build my savings, which will be good in the long run.
I don't like decisions like this.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment