Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Excited

Everyone I have talked to about the recent decision I’ve made about calling it quits with the boy has been really supportive.  Part of me hopes he’d call and say this is all a huge misunderstanding.  But I think the realistic side of me knows he won’t.

Little man’s toes are still swollen.  I had to pick gunk out of three of his toes and nailbeds.  He was not too happy with me (luckily he only hates me for a short period of time).  But they’re looking better.  It’s a slow ordeal.  And it’s so intense!  In the morning, he gets two medicines, his food, and a fourth of a teaspoon of this amino acid gel that is supposed to help with his immune system.  And in the evening, he gets one of the medicines, his food with some fish oil, the amino acid gel, and I have to soak his feet in a watered down iodine mix in the sink and clean each individual toe with a baby wipe.  I wish I could feel what he’s feeling… I hate that he’s in pain.  And I wish that the histology report came back showing something relating to his immune system, just so I could know the reason behind all his toe issues.  I’m against declawing, but if it doesn’t get better, I may get it done for health reasons.  Especially it this is not cleared up by the time summer gets here.

I had my first eLive class for this supplemental math curriculum I’m doing in my classroom.  It’s based on the Yup’ik culture and it is really involved in the sense that there is a crap ton of planning!  But… all the data from the curriculum in recent years shows that it works.  And I’m all about doing things to help my kids learn.  I’ve been talking with my aide to see how we can make some Athabascan connections, even if it’s just learning the Athatbascan word for the different berries we’re learning about.

I leave for my Spring Break in Alabama in seven weeks and two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment