Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Foggy Windows

Today was a pretty dull day.  It was insanely hard to get out of bed this morning, and as a result, I got to work at almost the last minute possible.  The day was actually pretty uneventful, other than the fact that I had a lot to get done and not much time to get said stuff done.  But... that's the story of my life, isn't it?

Even though I stayed up late last night grading papers to go home in conduct folders, I didn't get around to filing the papers or putting them in the folders.  I kept a couple of my responsible kids in from PE and let them help me with that while I attempted to work on my PLP (Professional Learning Plan) thing for the principal (the computers/internet at school were screwing up and I couldn't save anything).  That thing is intense!!  I didn't have to do anything remotely close to this last year, and as much as I miss Northway at times, this PLP reminds me that coming down here was definitely the right decision for me as a teacher.

I was supposed to have after school tutoring today, but since there was only one third grader to tutor, the teacher who runs the ASEP told me I didn't have to do it today and the third grader was sent with the fourth graders.  On the one hand, I appreciated it because it freed up my afternoon to go home and finish my PLP.  But on the other hand, that's $50 in my check that I don't get  now.  She said we'd have more tutoring kids next week, and two more of the students in my class signed up, so hopefully, I won't have anymore days dropped.

I took my picture for today this morning before I went to work.  I can't wait until I get new doors and can actually see outside, haha.

Day 16
My sliding glass door going out to my patio.  The seal between
the two panes is damaged and the gas inside reacted with whatever leaked
in, and now this is my lovely view.

No comments:

Post a Comment