Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Oh, Tuesday.... why must you suck so much?

1. After school program started today.  Hello, extra money.  Good-bye, sanity.  (Just kidding - I love the ASEP. I especially loved it today when I only had one student... And she's one of the sweetest little girls on the planet!!!)

2. I got my $51 refund check from Uncle Bob's storage for closing my storage unit early.  Hello, groceries.  Good-bye, $40.  Ugh...  In the words of my dad, the "money is bleeding out of me!"

3. Cosmopolitan sent me $1 in the mail today!  They also sent me a survey to fill out.  I wasn't concerned with the survey.  I was concerned with the nice, cold hard cash I was holding in my hand as the thoughts of what I could buy with that $1 bill floated around in my head.  What would I buy?  Money is hard to come by these days, especially during the last half of the month (especially when that month is January and you are a teacher and there are six tortuous weeks of no paycheck...), so this is not a decision to be taken lightly.  Some food for Harley?  Or a teeny-tiny drop of gas for my car, perhaps?  Or, maybe half a 12 oz bottle of Diet Coke?  How about a Snickers bar from the teacher vending machines at school tomorrow when my kids will, undoubtedly, be driving me crazy (oh, but how I love them!) and I will need a chocolate covered escape from reality?  If I do that, I'll get a quarter back!  Hmmm... What can I buy with a quarter?  Not much.  I guess that will go into the "Miss Broome needs a Diet Coke... STAT!" fund.  (I have one of those funds.  No joke.  One of my kids named it.  Feel free to donate to any/all of my funds.)

4. I had Subway for dinner.  It was amazing.

5. I hate Tuesdays, because I have to put conduct folders together.  I hate putting conduct folders together, because that means I have to send the graded tests from last week home.  Seeing as how we just came back from a three-day weekend, where I had plenty of time to grad them, I procrastinated.  Like an idiot.  An idiot who has repeatedly "learned her lesson" -- "That was the most awful week of my life! I'm never procrastinating again!"  Guess what I'm doing after I post my picture of the day?  Yep... Facebooking it up! (Just kidding... I'm grading papers calling my parents.)

6. Picture!  Harley makes me smile.  You'll see him a lot over the next 350 days...

Day 15

Please note where he is laying.  He's helping me to procrastinate by laying on
top of the papers that need grading and the conduct folders the tests go in
to go home tomorrow.  He's helping my problem... Just like he would if
I was an alcoholic.  We all know he'd be pushing that bottle towards me...
Ahhh, I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment