Because last week was short and there are only so many weeks left in the school year, our district-wide reading program pacing guide combined the last week of Unit 3 and our Unit 3 review in the same 7-day time frame. That = stupid decision of whoever put that pacing guide together. Anyways, we had all of our Unit 3, Week 5 tests on Wednesday and we had all of our Unit 3 review tests today. Understandably, the kids got a little frustrated when I told them we had to take our reading, spelling, and grammar review tests today when we just had those tests for Week 5 on Wednesday. So I briefly explained to them about the pacing guide and why we have to cram these two lessons together, and one of them raised their hand and asked me, "Is Obama making us do this?" It was too cute not to laugh a little before telling him no. Such a sweet kid.
And between that comment, my kid who stapled their finger earlier this week (who did, by the way, come in on Wednesday beaming and then told me, "Miss Broome, I still want to help you with anything you need help with... Unless it involves that stapler. Then I'm out!"), and the chicken snatchers at lunch yesterday... What a group of kids I have! When we go to lunch, my class has two tables that we always sit at, and it always happens that one table is all the boys and the other table is all the girls. At my boys table, I sent one boy to the stage for talking. I'll call him Larry. After he'd been up there for a few minutes, I hear my name being called, followed by, "They ate Larry's chicken!" So I walked over and sure enough, Larry's chicken was missing from his tray. There were two other boys involved (I'll call them Curly and Moe) and I asked each of them what happened. According to Moe, Curly asked him for Larry's chicken. So Moe gave it to him. According to Curly, Moe took Larry's chicken and told him he could have it. I asked Curly if he ate it and he said he hadn't, so I made him put it back on Larry's tray. After a few more words, I went back to my seat and sent Larry back to his seat. A minute later: "Miss Broome!! He DID eat my chicken!" I walked back over and looked, and I was surprised that his chicken was, in fact, gone. Homeboy Curly peeled back the skin of Larry's chicken breast, ate the meat, and put the skin back! It was wrong, but I'll be damned if that wasn't smart! I took Larry's tray to the lunch lady and explained what happened. She started laughing. I got Larry another piece of chicken, and took his tray back. I kept Curly and Moe in today for PE (I couldn't keep them in yesterday because of our grade level meetings), and they spent the entire 45-minute period writing sentences: "I will not take someone else's chicken." Hahaha, God bless 'em.
Anyways... I'm exhausted and am going to bed early tonight. Hopefully this means I'll get up early tomorrow and be productive before Heather gets here. I leave you with my picture of the day for yesterday and today.
Yesterday:
Day 10
I took a picture of Harley and the flash apparently caught
him off guard.
And today:
Day 11
I got stuck behind the chicken truck today while I was heading to work. I
hate driving behind these trucks, and this one was slowing down to turn
into the Perdue plant. :(


No comments:
Post a Comment